A MILESTONE IN ECOSYSTEM-BASED ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN CEBU

G.I.V.E. PH Officially Launches in Cebu, Partners with Global Entrepreneurs 1% Club Philippines Through Strategic MOU

 Global Initiative in Venture Entrepreneurship (G.I.V.E. PH) Officially Launches in Cebu, Signs Strategic MOU with Global Entrepreneurs 1% Club Philippines Chapter Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines – May 27, 2026 — A new chapter in entrepreneurial collaboration and international business connectivity was officially launched as the Global Initiative in Venture Entrepreneurship (G.I.V.E. PH) formally introduced its organization and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Global Entrepreneurs 1% Club (GE1% Club) Philippines Chapter, headquartered in Cambodia. Held at the prestigious Triton Grand Ballroom of JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, the launch ceremony gathered approximately 50 distinguished guests, including entrepreneurs, business owners, corporate decision-makers, professionals, and ecosystem builders who share a common vision of fostering entrepreneurship, innovation, and global collaboration.


The event marked a significant milestone for the Philippine entrepreneurial landscape as G.I.V.E. PH formally introduced its vision, mission, strategic direction, governance framework, and National Directorate leadership structure. Attendees were presented with the organization’s institutional foundation as a non-stock, non-profit, nongovernment, non-political organization under its corporate name, Global Initiative in Venture Entrepreneurship Philippines (G.I.V.E. PH). G.I.V.E. PH is designed as a nationally rooted, globally connected entrepreneurial ecosystem platform, focused on enabling connection, collaboration, opportunity creation, and venture development for Filipino entrepreneurs and stakeholders.

 INTRODUCING THE BRIDGE GLOBAL PLATFORM

 A defining feature of G.I.V.E. PH is a professional network of BRIDGE, the organization's global connectivity platform that creates meaningful international pathways for Filipino entrepreneurs, business leaders, innovators, and investors. 

BRIDGE enables members to:

 • Access international business partners, chambers, councils, and institutions

 • Participate in cross-border collaborations and joint ventures 

• Engage in global forums, trade missions, business matching activities, and ecosystem exchanges

 • Transition from local entrepreneurship to regional and international market participation.

The BRIDGE initiative will be realized through the development of strategic alliances and partnerships with international business organizations, entrepreneurial networks, chambers of commerce, industry associations, investment groups, and innovation ecosystems across ASEAN and other key global markets. 

These international engagements are intended to create sustainable opportunities for market access, business expansion, knowledge exchange, investment facilitation, and global collaboration. Spearheading this internationalization strategy of BRIDGE is the Vice President for Global Affairs of G.I.V.E. PH, Frances Gatungay, who has been entrusted by GE1% Philippines with the responsibility of building and strengthening the organization's global network of partners and stakeholders. 

Through her guidance, the organization aims to establish meaningful international linkages that will position G.I.V.E. PH and its members within the global entrepreneurial ecosystem, opening doors to new markets, strategic partnerships, and international growth opportunities. 

Through BRIDGE, G.I.V.E. PH reinforces its commitment to transforming Filipino entrepreneurs into globally competitive ecosystem players by connecting local enterprises with international opportunities and empowering them to participate actively in the evolving global economy

FOUNDATION AND ORIGINS OF G.I.V.E. PH 

The creation of G.I.V.E. PH was born from a shared vision between Frances Gatungay, now serving as Vice President for Global Affairs, and Engr. Jill P. Heng, the President of Global Entrepreneurs 1% Club Philippines, recognized the need to establish stronger international pathways for Filipino entrepreneurs seeking global opportunities. What began as a concept evolved into a structured ecosystem initiative aimed at providing Filipino entrepreneurs with access to international networks, mentorship opportunities, strategic partnerships, and emerging markets— starting with Cambodia and expanding across Southeast Asia and beyond. Driven by this vision, Frances Gatungay sought strategic linkages that would transform the initiative into reality. Through the invaluable assistance of Mrs. Jocelyn Comaling of SNAD's Trading & Printing, a key connection was established with Mr. Diominidico "Dick" Butawan, President of DRB Holdings. 

This connection proved instrumental in transforming the vision into an actionable initiative. Recognizing the value and long-term potential of the concept, Mr. Butawan became a strong advocate and driving force behind the organization’s formation, helping convene stakeholders, support organizational planning, and champion the establishment of what would eventually become G.I.V.E. PH. Over the succeeding months, multiple consultations, planning sessions, and collaborative engagements were conducted among the founders and stakeholders. 

These collective efforts refined the organization's framework, governance structure, strategic direction, and long-term vision, ultimately shaping the foundation of G.I.V.E. PH as a nationally rooted and globally connected entrepreneurial ecosystem. As the initiative progressed toward formal establishment, Mr. Butawan assumed the role of Founder and Chairman, providing strategic leadership, institutional oversight, and guidance for the organization’s long-term growth. 

To ensure effective operational leadership and implementation of the organization's programs and initiatives, Ms. Janice Diaz was appointed by the Chairman as the National President of G.I.V.E. PH. In this capacity, she is tasked with leading the operations of the organization, mobilizing its National Directorate, overseeing program execution, strengthening member engagement, and driving the realization of G.I.V.E. PH’s mission and objectives across the Philippines. Together, the founding leadership team established a strong foundation for an organization committed to building meaningful connections, fostering innovation, creating opportunities for entrepreneurs, and bridging Filipino enterprises to the global marketplace.



Comments

Popular Posts